All brands and organisations need to refresh existing products and services or to create, develop and retail new ones. Our innovation and new concept development process can help you do this.
Already used by organisations and brands such as British Gas, Nokia, Pernod Ricard, The Body Shop, Barclays, Land Securities, Laurent-Perrier, Selfridges, Marks & Spencer, Courvoisier, Tilda and Louis Vuitton, these projects are designed to inspire the development of new concepts and propositions that will be ready to take to market. By distinguishing the right trends to own, we deliver transformational directions and continuing consultancy to guide and support the design, testing and launch to new propositions.
Designed to be innovative, creative, collaborative in approach, our innovation work shows you how to be more innovative as an organisation, and ensures new propositions and ideas are aligned to the changing needs of the 21st-century market, spearhead new and leading edge trends, and engage consumers in a compelling, innovative and thought-provoking way. Indeed, the new ideas we find with clients are always meaningful and memorable because they are future-proofed.
To do this, we apply the following approach:
- Investigate - here we investigate and map the new and emerging trends and product ideas within a specific market or consumer typology. This is done in association with LS:N Global's consumer insight and trend forecasting team.
- Inspire - all market or brand relevant trends are then delivered to you via a series of presentations and accompanying trend debrief workshops. Here trends are explored, case studies reviewed and early-to-market competitor concepts assessed. Together, we then score the trends that matter, the insights that count, and the ideas that are likely to stimulate new brand, product and service concepts.
- Plan - here we create a strategic blueprint for all innovations, ideas and concepts. Via more workshops, we guide you through the strategic process by creating Guiding Principles (what your organisation should BE when it innovates) and Innovation Directions (what your organisation should DO when it innovates) using the trend insights and forecasts presented previously.
- Ideate - here all new ideas and propositions are fleshed out using the above structure via a series of mapping, visualisation, and target customer touch-point exercises to ensure that they are addressing the core needs of existing customers, or the future needs of emerging ones.
- Distill - here the final ideas we create with you are worked up into concept boards, maquettes or 3D visualisations that are tested out on early adopters, existing consumers, potential consumers and relevant market experts and creatives for their comments and feedback.
- Consult - we then work with you to identify potential collaborators, manufacturers, distributors and retailers - and to manage these relationships on an ongoing basis.
For further details about our Innovation and concept strategy workshops please click here.